Kennewick First United Methodist Church is part of the Pacific Northwest Conference of the United Methodist Church, the Seven Rivers District. Our local church was established in 1902 as the Kennewick First Methodist Episcopal Church, under the leadership of Rev. Ezekiel Rubicam, a pastor from Kiona, who added Kennewick to his circuit. The original church had five members. For three years the congregation met in various places until a banker, W.R. Amon led a drive for funds to build a church. A white frame church building, costing $3,750, was soon erected and a mortgage for $1,214 to build the parsonage next door. By 1920 the original church was too small to accommodate the growing congregation, so in 1923 the new brick Methodist Episcopal church was completed with a bell tower, stained glass windows, and enough oak pews to seat a large portion of the community. It is the grand old building you see today. The church has undergone a recent addition and is planning a new fellowship hall in the near future. Kennewick First UMC celebrated its Centennial in 2002 marking 100 years of ministry and history. Our church continues to be be a hallmark of hospitality in the town of Kennewick, hosting many community groups, school functions, and outreach ministries. Kennewick First United Methodist Church is evolving with the times yet retaining it’s heritage and a firm foundation of faith.